2024 May News Update - 4012 Investment Parts for Casting

This is a short update of what's been going on.  The sample invests are over at the foundry, I've not heard back if they came out yet, but I hope to hear about that soon.  I will edit this post as soon as I get word.

A week or so ago, I received a set of the invest parts to proof, so I'm attaching a couple photos of them here so ya'll can see it's not "vapor-ware"!  I know the detail in these photos isn't very good, It's hard to see, as no shadows really cast on this translucent material but the details are there.

Assembled 4012 Crosshead invest parts ready to cast.

There is bolt detail on the exterior side of the crosshead, but you just can't see it in these photos.

Assembled 4012 Yoke Half - Right invest ready to cast.

Some supporting materials are still on this set of invests, which will be removed from the final castings.

4012 Main Rod - Right ready to cast

The main rods are hard to photograph in this material as well because it doesn't cast shadows well.  This is about as well as I could get to show the I-beam shape of the rod.

When I get the test castings back, I'll be able to upload some better photos.

Jason Hill
OwlMtModels

No comments:

Post a Comment

1. Please sign your comments.
2. All comments will be Moderated due to spam.

2024 October News Update

How Is It October 2024 Already?! It's been a crazy 5 months since the last update.  I know I told some of y'all out there that we...